Multi-Day Winter Event Underway
From Staff Reports
Please see the following National Weather Service update from Corsicana Fire Chief Michael Ryan regarding the weather.
Freezing rain and sleet, resulting in ice accumulations and ice-related travel impacts, will occur across much of the region through the middle of the week. The greatest impacts are expected to be across North Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, but portions of Central and East may also see accumulating ice.
- A multi-day ice event will occur today through Wednesday across much of North and Central Texas.
- Patchy freezing drizzle and light freezing rain will become more widespread this afternoon with temperatures remaining below freezing across much of the region today.
- Although roadways may appear dry, slick spots will begin to develop, particularly on bridges and overpasses. Even a thin glaze can cause you to lose control of your vehicle.
- More widespread wintry precipitation will occur tonight into Tuesday with significant accumulations of ice expected. Road conditions will steadily deteriorate.
- Additional rounds of wintry precipitation will occur Tuesday night and Wednesday.
Areas of Concern and Impacts
Threats/Hazardous Weather Types
What We Are Certain Of:
- Multiple rounds of precipitation will occur through Thursday across all of North and Central Texas.
- Much of this will be freezing rain and sleet, resulting in ice accumulations across much of the region.
- There will be significant impacts to travel.
What We Are Less Certain Of:
- How far south and east the freezing rain and ice accumulations will occur.
- Where and how long temperatures may remain below freezing.
Please be sure to support those that support us here at the NCG and check out our advertisers:
Warehouse Living Arts Center | CTWP Copy Center | Gallery Wah Wah
A big THANK YOU to our supporters:
The Hull Creative Arts Foundation and the Lampier Family.
If you too would like to help financially support the Navarro County Gazette please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org