Navarro College Carbon Monoxide Exposure Update
From Staff Reports
On Tuesday, Jan. 3, 33 Navarro College employees were exposed to carbon monoxide in the Albritton Administration building. Navarro College Police Department simultaneously evacuated the employees to the Cook Education Center and summoned local fire and EMS. Employees were treated on-site with oxygen, and seven employees were transported by ambulance to Navarro Regional Hospital for further medical attention. Four employees were then Care Flighted to Medical City Plano, in the event treatment needed to include a higher level of care. Overall, 15 employees sought care for symptoms. Most were released and six were kept overnight for observation. We are anticipating that all will be released later today.
Atmos Energy worked with the campus Maintenance Department to identify the source and maintenance is currently working on repairs. All other campus building were checked and deemed safe for occupancy. The College appreciates all of the care and concern that has been expressed for our employees.
Please be sure to support those that support us here at the NCG and check out our advertisers:
Warehouse Living Arts Center | CWTP Copy Center | Gallery Wah Wah
A big THANK YOU to our supporters:
The Hull Creative Arts Foundation and the Lampier Family.
If you too would like to help financially support the Navarro County Gazette please email us at email@example.com