From Staff Reports
Shop Small Shoppers will be treated to discounts throughout Downtown this Saturday, Nov. 26 during the American Express Small Business Saturday.
Two welcome centers will give away Shop Small tote bags with Corsicana merchandise and the chance to win gift baskets and an overnight stay in the Magical Glamping Tent in Purdon Groves. To enter, shoppers simply show a receipt from a store Downtown on Saturday at either Welcome Center.
The Welcome Centers are at the Pocket Park, 118 North Beaton (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and at Storefront Bookstore, 203 North Commerce Street at Fifth Avenue. New Corsicana branded merchandise and 175th Celebration merchandise will be
sold at the Pocket Park location.
The Welcome Center located at Storefront, open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. will feature complimentary Cassaro Wines all day and live entertainment, a Purdon Groves pop-up store, and a CUTCO knife company pop-up store in the afternoon, along with complimentary gift wrapping and discount on books.
Both new and established retailers are participating:
* Elsewhere Miniature Farms – Buy One/Get One 25 percent off any item of equal or lesser value
* Brick Street Brewery – $5 pints all day, $20 growler fills all day, $8 wine glasses all day, and $25 bottles of wine
* Prayers from Heaven Boutique – 20 percent off the entire boutique inventory
*The Children’s Shop – 15 percent off an entire purchase, free bath bomb with purchases over $150
* This N That Antiques – 10 percent off entire store
* Olive Branch Eatery – gift to the first 25 customers and an opportunity for discounts on retail items
* Liv Chic Boutique – 15 percent off purchases of $75 or more
* Purdon Groves at Storefront – enter to win an overnight glamping package valued at $220
* Storefront Bookstore – American Express tote bag and Corsicana merchandise giveaway while supplies last, 50 percent discount on third book purchased, free gift wrap, complimentary Cassaro wines
* Cassaro Winery – three wine tastings for $5, Noon to 10 p.m.
* Feed Shack Boutique – free gift with the purchase of $75
* Timbers – 10% off drinks and $10 off purchase of $60 or more
* Mita’s – buy one drink, get the second at half off
* Pink Peony – free pair of earrings of your choice with every purchase, excluding Kendra Scott
* The Turquoise Pistol and Boho West Boutique – 20 percent sale storewide
* The Red Brumby – spend $50 and be entered to win a Consuela Classic Tote
* Canterbury Court Antiques – 20 percent off storewide
American Express has been supporting small businesses with this event since 2010. More than nine in ten businesses in Texas are small businesses, and they employ nearly half of all private-sector employees. Downtown Corsicana has welcomed 28 new businesses in the last 18 months. For every $100 spent locally, almost $70 stays in Corsicana, helping to fuel the city’s economy.
Amy Tidwell, Main Street/Tourism Director receives the Small Business Proclamation from Corsicana Mayor Don Denbow.
Small Business Saturday is one of 50 events organized by Main Street this year.
A big THANK YOU to our supporters:
The Hull Creative Arts Foundation and the Lampier Family.
If you too would like to help financially support the Navarro County Gazette please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org