From Staff Reports
The deadline is approaching to submit entries to Navarro County Pens to Lens. The deadline begins Dec. 1 and ends Dec. 10.
Navarro County Pens to Lens is a script writing competition for students in Navarro County from third grade to high school. More information about the rules and regulations as well as guidelines can be found on the website, www.ncp2l.com
Winners will be selected by judges with the winning entries made into a movie which will be shown at a Red Carpet Gala in May. Winners also receive cash prizes.
In January, after the scripts have been judged, an art contest will be extended to students to create a movie poster. These also come with a cash prize for the winners and will be exhibited at the Gala.
Entries should be delivered or mailed to Warehouse Living Arts Center, 119 W. Sixth Avenue in Corsicana.
Navarro County Pens to Lens is a 501 (3c) organization, an auxiliary of Hull Creative Arts Foundation. It is partnered with Navarro Council of the Arts, Warehouse of Living Arts Center, Corsicana Independent School District, and Hull Creative Arts Foundation.
TIMELINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Aug. 2022 – Competition begins
- Dec. 1-10, 2022 – Scripts due
- Dec. 10, 2022 to Jan. 13, 2023 – Judging of scripts
- Jan. 20, 2023 – Winning scripts announced
- Jan. 23, 2023 – March 10, 2023 – Casting, Preproduction, and Filming
- March 10, 2023 to April 28, 2023 – Editing
- Jan. 23, 2023 – Poster Competition begins
- March 10, 2023 – Poster winners announced
- March 10, 2023 – Development of posters for Gala
- Gala date to be announced
- 5 to 6 pages TYPED, using 12 pt. font
- Must have cover sheet with
b. Phone number
c. Email address
- Cannot have more than 3 characters
- Setting must be in one location
- ADHERE TO STANDARD SCRIPT FORMAT
- Cannot contain any vulgar language, suggestive imagery, drug use or gore
- Consult YouTube for review of previous films (www.ncp2l.com)
- Script must be about
CREATING A STORY THAT IS SET IN A RECOGNIZABLE CORSICANA LOCATION
PLOT ABOUT COURAGE OR A HERO OR TOPIC YOU HAVE HAD A PASSION TO WRITE ABOUT
A big THANK YOU to our supporters:
The Hull Creative Arts Foundation and the Lampier Family.
If you too would like to help financially support the Navarro County Gazette please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org