From Staff Reports
There will be a threat for severe weather this afternoon and evening, mainly along and east of the Interstate 35 corridor. Large hail, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes are all possible. Locally heavy rain may also occur.
- Scattered to numerous storms should develop late this morning/early this afternoon and continue through this evening.
- Scattered storms will develop ahead of the dryline by midday.
- Storms will become more numerous mid to late afternoon along the I-35 corridor as they develop immediately along the dryline.
- Storms will organize into a line of storms and move east across eastern North/Central Texas late afternoon through this evening.
- Some of these storms may become severe, with large hail, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes all possible.
- Locally heavy rain may also produce flooding in some areas.
- Precipitation will exit to the east late evening or overnight.
Areas of Concern and Impacts
Forecast Total Rainfall Through Tonight
Threats/Hazardous Weather Types
What We Are Certain Of:
- An active day of thunderstorms still remains on target for later today.
- The severe threat is highest in the afternoon and evening, and along/east of I-35.
What We Are Less Certain Of:
- How intense the midday convection ahead of the dryline will be, and to what degree it will pose a tornado threat.
When will the next email update be sent?
- This will be the final email for this event.
NWS Fort Worth Homepage http://www.weather.gov/fortworth
Hourly Forecasts (Click your location) https://www.weather.gov/forecastpoints
NWS Fort Worth Weather Tabs https://arcg.is/1S19nH
NWS Fort Worth Hazard Pages http://www.weather.gov/fwd/hazardplanner?nort,TODAY
Who’s eligible for NWSChat https://nwschat.weather.gov/NWSChat_Terms_of_Use.pdf
NWS Fort Worth Briefing Page https://noaa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=fd06a2bea0a64f0c90842761191e985b
A big THANK YOU to our supporters:
The Hull Creative Arts Foundation and the Lampier Family.
If you too would like to help financially support the Navarro County Gazette please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org