From Staff Reports

Saturday night brought all the lights and action of Las Vegas to the Cook Education Center as six couples competed once again for the Navarro College Foundation Dancing For Our Stars coveted Mirror Ball Trophy. This much anticipated annual event is always filled with excitement and fun. The Navarro College Foundation is thrilled that the community showed up and supported this event and raised $212,000 for student scholarships and teaching innovation grants.

Six local celebrity couples performed at “Dancing For Our Stars.” – Courtesy photo

The six local celebrity dance couples were Jason Farmer and Melissa Butler, Chris and Amy Cook, Bill Currie and Tiffany Eaton, Rocky and Kennedi Barham, Brad and Sheree Roughton, and Enoch and Ashley Basnett. This group of dancers again raised the bar and put on dances that would rival Las Vegas shows. These couples not only worked diligently in the dance studio, but also in campaigning for votes.

The judges scores accounted for 40 percent of the final scores while the audience votes counted for the other 60 percent.  Rocky and Kennedi Barham were awarded the 2022 Mirror Ball. Jason Farmer and Melissa Butler were Runner Up.  

“This year’s event was outstanding, and our fantastic dance couples certainly did their part in helping us to raise another incredible amount of money,” said Dr. Harold Housley, Executive Director of the Navarro College Foundation. “The money raised from this event will be used toward scholarships for Navarro College Corsicana students and our Faculty Teaching Innovation Award.”

Dr. Kevin Fegan, President of Navarro College, stands with Sue Cook. – Photo courtesy of Kevin Painter

In addition, Navarro College President Dr. Kevin Fegan unveiled the new Gallery of Distinction that will be the highest honor someone may achieve with Navarro College. Ms. Sue Cook is the first inductee and she was recognized during the event. Recipients of this honor exemplify and support the history, traditions and legacy of Navarro College and our vision of providing innovative career pathways and student-centered learning opportunities that result in students capable of succeeding in local and global communities. Throughout the years, Navarro College honorees have shown Navarro College tremendous commitment both philosophically and philanthropically. 

The Cook family pose with Sue Cook, the first inductee of Navarro College’s new Gallery of Distinction award. – Photo courtesy of Kevin Painter

The Navarro College Foundation would like to thank all the sponsors, dancers, committee members, volunteers, and attendees for all everyone did to make this another spectacular event.

Many photos from the evening may be found on the Dancing For Our Stars Facebook page. Next year’s event is already being planned for Feb. 11, 2023.

Please be sure to support those that support us here at the NCG and check out our advertisers:
Goin’ Postal | CANA Girl Speaks Podcast | Warehouse Living Arts Center | Salvation Army | Moe Law Offices PLLC | Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Corsicana | CWTP Copy Center | Gallery Wah Wah

A big THANK YOU to our supporters.
If you too would like to help financially support the Navarro County Gazette please email us at

Translate »
%d bloggers like this: