From Staff Reports
Here’s a quick update of weather and current actions for the City of Corsicana.
- The Navarro County Emergency Operations Center is currently opened and staffed. Please let me know if any county or state resources are needed.
- Public Works has crews sanding the main intersections working 12 hour shifts composed of 2 personnel working at night and 3 during the day from 0800 to 2000 hours. 2 personnel to handle down trees and a small utility crew is on standby for water leak emergencies.
- Oncor is on standby at the Old Super K-Mart on W Hwy 31. No electric outages have been reported at this time
- First Baptist Church Corsicana (Fifth Avenue Side) is open as a warming shelter with cots and food if needed.
- There have been a few wrecks on I 45 primarily. Expected driving conditions to worsen as the day progresses.
NWS Weather Today
- Freezing rain and sleet, possibly mixed with snow, mainly before noon. The sleet could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 25. Wind chill values between 10 and 15. North northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Wind chill values between 5 and 10. North northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Wind chill values between 4 and 14. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Mostly clear, with a low around 15. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph
Here’s the expected weather totals from NWS at 0108 Hrs this morning:
Please be sure to support those that support us here at the NCG and check out our advertisers:
Goin’ Postal | CANA Girl Speaks Podcast | Warehouse Living Arts Center | Salvation Army | Moe Law Offices PLLC | Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Corsicana | CWTP Copy Center | Gallery Wah Wah
A big THANK YOU to our supporters.
If you too would like to help financially support the Navarro County Gazette please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org