From Staff Reports
Corsicana Independent School District is increasing the daily rate of pay for substitute teachers. The pay increase is part of the district’s effort to keep and recruit more caring individuals to join our Tiger team as a substitute.
Benefits of being a CISD substitute teacher include the flexibility to work as many days as desired providing instruction on a variety of subjects and working directly with students in a dynamic classroom setting.
The new base rate of pay for substitute teachers will be as follows:
- $80 per day for a regular teacher assignment – non-degree
- $85 per day for a regular teacher assignment – Bachelor’s degree
- $90 per day for a long-term teacher assignment
- $80 per day for a regular special aide assignment (SPED, etc.)
- $90 per day for a long-term special aide assignment (SPED, etc.)
- $115 per day for certified teacher assignment
Regular assignments are up to ten consecutive days in the same assignment. Long-term assignments are eleven or more consecutive days per assignment.
The district will still screen all applicants and conduct background checks prior to hiring. Eligibility requirements, and information on applying can be found on the CISD website here: https://corsicanaisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=923
Please be sure to support those that support us here at the NCG and check out our advertisers:
Goin’ Postal | CANA Girl Speaks Podcast | Warehouse Living Arts Center | Salvation Army | Moe Law Offices PLLC | Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Corsicana | CWTP Copy Center | Gallery Wah Wah
A big THANK YOU to our supporters.
If you too would like to help financially support the Navarro County Gazette please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org