By Ducky Abay – Special to the Navarro County Gazette
“Hey, it’s my favorite time of the week again – time to introduce you to my friends! Meet my pal Archie here. He can be a bit shy, but you should take some time to get to know him like I have.” – Ducky
- Domestic Long hair Orange/Red Tabby
- Neutered Male
- About 4 months old
- House trained
- Up to date on shots
- Corsicana, TX
Archie was found as an emaciated stray in September, starving and in immediate need of care. Thankfully a wonderful foster home nursed him back to health and he is ready for a home of his own.
He can be a bit shy due to his traumatic experience as a kitten so he will do best in a home with children 10 years old and above. He takes a bit to warm up, but Archie is a lovely kitten that is so deserving of his forever home. He will need to be an indoor cat only and will enjoy other feline companions.
Where to meet Archie?
Adoptable from the Corsicana Animal Shelter
617 S. 12th St.
Corsicana, TX 75110
Open Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Friday: 12pm-6pm
Due to Covid-19 you must call the Corsicana Animal Shelter ahead of time to schedule a visit
How to adopt? There is a $55 adoption fee for each animal and you must complete an approved adoption application.
You may have noticed the mention of Archie’s stay in a foster home. Fostering needs vary at different times. Sometimes the shelter doesn’t need a ton and at other times they need many more than they have, but knowing the requirements and getting that info out there is a great way to spread the word, so please share this article with anyone who you think may be interested in learning more about fostering!
Needing Fosters for:
· Puppies (for a minimum of 2 weeks)
· Senior animals
· Bottle fed babies
· Pregnant or Nursing moms/puppies
· Sick/Injured Animals (These are animals that have been seen by a vet and are needing medications or time to recover).
· Special Needs animals
· Animals that require more socialization before adoption.
· Must be 18 yrs of age or older
· Must live in Navarro County
· Agree to a home visit should it be needed.
· Provide proof of current vaccination history on personal pets residing in the home.
· Agree to a background check
· Abide by all city, county, state animal laws.
· Provide 2 personal references.
· If new to fostering, agree to attend a short orientation for questions & answers.